One of the most prominent buildings at Aberdeen’s Queens Cross roundabout, No. 2 Fountainhall Road is part of an unusually planned double villa designed by Victorian architect J. Russell MacKenzie, in 1875.
The site, once owned by the celebrated photographer George Washington Wilson, was acquired by Esson in 2006. Plans were immediately set out to restore and refurbish the quality features of this fine building, providing around 2150 ft² of office space.
The end result was a truly outstanding working environment with the property retaining many of the original features including a centralised bell panel, sash and case windows, iron staircase, fireplaces in most rooms and elegant cornicing.
In keeping with Esson’s high standards of quality workmanship, Fountainhall Road was completed to an exceptional specification including raised access floors, comfort cooling and a good ratio of on-site parking.